Vicky's Varieties Store

Friday, June 8, 2012

Stress and Weight Loss Don’t Mix Well

It’s been a couple of days since I’ve posted and even though I’ve still been keeping to losing weight, it was been very stressful these last few days here. After a breakdown and a good ole crying my eyes out, I am ready to go the next round…haha

On Wednesday, my son turned 17. I think it had more affect on me than it did him. How on earth did my baby get to be 17 years old already!?! Damn, getting teary eyed again…anyhow…….

On a good note for Wednesday, I finally walked the whole way around our hill here. I’ve sat over the years and watched other people walk by, knowing that they were doing the “loop“. Yet, I just sat here and watched! Well now I know that I too can walk the “loop”!! It’s only 2 ½ miles, but let me tell you, those hills are a bitch!! I may not of walked it as fast as some can, but I DID IT!!! I was one sore lady the next day! Looking forward to doing it again (if the weather would cooperate)!!! And working my way up to being able to run the biggest part of it.

Yesterday, even though the scale was good to me; I have no idea what came over me! I was so stressed and depressed that it wasn’t funny. I haven’t been like that for God knows how long!! All got better after my hubby got home and he did his magic of breaking through. I still to this day don’t know how he does it, but he does. After a good talk and a good crying, all is better in my little world….ha

Ok, I know what it was. It was a little bit of everything all balled into one mountain of STRESS!! Knowing all that is on my plate (so to speak) right now and not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel quite yet! Our foyer still not done which means not having my Spring cleaning done yet , trying to get work done, getting things ready for the yearly garage sale, needing to work on stuff for our Annual Red Neck Day, trying to keep up with this blog, finding time to get other things done and trying to still find time for me and my family!! Nah….that should not cause any stress at all….bah hahahahaha (crazy laugh as I slowly lose my mind)!!

The scale wasn’t so nice to me today, but I’m not gonna complain seeing as I was awake for four hours before weighing myself. And I’m sure all of the coffee that I drank in those hours had some role there!!

I know this post hasn’t been much about weight loss, but really it has. Stress plays a big part in whether you lose weight or gain weight. I know none of us can eliminate stress completely from our lives. It’s just a matter of dealing with it before it gets the better of you. I am very thankful that I have the wonderful husband that I do, who helps me when I get a little too stressed!!
Yummy burger and fries......

Check out the recipe for last nights dinner under "My Kitchen". Hearty Burgers and Crispy Garlic Potato Wedges.


Till next time…..remember to eat healthy, get some exercise, and most of all, love yourself!!! Now go make it count!!

No comments:

Post a Comment