Vicky's Varieties Store

Friday, May 25, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend….

I really am torn when it comes to holidays, especially long weekend ones like Memorial Day. Lots to do, too much food, places to go, too much food, friends and family to see, oh and did I mention, too much food!!

You can not turn your back on those that are not trying to lose weight and just lock yourself up in your own home, so you have to be brave and face the fact that while everyone else is devouring hotdogs, hamburgers,…..damn I’m hungry now….oops…my bad there….ok…you have to be brave and choose the healthy foods (if there are any) and know that you are going to be ok.

Not saying that you can not have one hotdog or burger, hell I know I will have at least one. But that’s the thing, you have to be able to control yourself and not gorge on everything that may be there to eat. You have to have the self control not to let yourself slip off of your diet too much.

Just because it happens to be a holiday, does not mean that you do not have to still watch what you eat and take count for it all. Nor does it mean that you get to slack on the exercise part.

There are lots of different things that you can do to get in some good exercise while still enjoying the holiday with friends and family.

Such as, play a good ole game of kick ball, volley ball, bad mitten…etc, you get the picture there. There is no room for excuses just because of a holiday.

So all in all, yes you can enjoy Memorial Day and the weekend, eat, have fun and still stick within your diet and lose weight.

I know for me this weekend will be a challenge, I have a few places to go and even a cookout here at home to do. And remember I love food!! Tonight’s agenda….mountain pies at a friends place. Oh my….that is a weakness in itself for me. I really love food cooked over an open fire and mountain pies are the BOMB!!!

But I know I can do it, there will be nothing wrong with having one (ok, maybe two), and then digging into the fruits and veggies. Ok, all this food talk is really making me hungry.

Hope everyone does have a healthy, happy and most of all safe, Memorial Day weekend!




No way I was getting up there
So hubby had to do it and throw the bales down
They are kinda heavy
There I go....
Stacking away....

Today’s challenge…..stacking bales of hay for my hubby….talk about a workout…damn!!!


Till next time…..remember to eat healthy, get some exercise, and most of all, love yourself!!! Now go make it count!!


No comments:

Post a Comment