Vicky's Varieties Store

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

EATING MY WAY THIN:

I love food and love cooking, and unfortunately both have gotten me where I am today, overweight! Yet there is a program out there that let’s me still have my love for food and lose weight while still eating all of the foods I enjoy. Yes, I still eat pasta, pizza and chocolate (my biggest weakness). I have learned to proportion what I eat and drink along with making healthier food choices.

If you don't have the knack for coming up with good healthy recipes on your own,
Paleo Recipe Book is a good book to start you out with. It takes you back to the way it use to be before they started adding all of the gunk to our foods.

I am by no means a spokes persons for Weight Watchers, but their program does indeed work. I myself follow more of their old program more than I do their newer one. Only because, I do not like their earn extra food points for doing certain exercises on their newer program. I do not see where that is beneficial for you in losing weight. For anyone that does not know about the Weight Watchers program, to make it simple, every food has a point value and you are given a certain number of points per day depending upon your age, weight, height and a few other factors.
But really, Weight Watchers does work. I know, I’ve lost 13 pounds since the beginning of this year. It is the most easiest plan that I have come across so far. This is where needing a food scale (along with a set of measuring cups and spoons) and food journal comes into play. Measuring all of your food may seem overwhelming at first, but it really opens your eyes up to the amount of extra food that you have been eating. It also helps you make healthier food choices.

You don’t have to join Weight Watchers to follow their plan. There are plenty of places on the internet to get the calculator and everything else you need to begin with their program. That’s what I did.

A food journal is also a great tool to get yourself on the right track. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy, this is for your eyes only, so any old notebook will do the trick. Logging what you eat, when you eat it every day really plays an important role in losing weight. You eat it, you write it, you have to account for it. There is no point in trying to lie about what you eat in your journal, no one will know but you. But where is lying about what you ate going to get you, only more weight gain and not weight loss.

In my journal, I not only keep track of the foods that I eat and their point value but also the days exercise and my weight. I have found it easiest to start off in the morning and figure out what I am going to have for dinner, then I can go from there and know what I can or can not have for lunch.

I still love food and love cooking, but I look at it in a different way now. I enjoy trying new recipes and even coming up with new ones of my own (some though have not been that good…ugh). It is all about making the right food choices, proportion sizes, and learning the point value of each food. If I can follow this simple program, trust me you can too.

Start your journal right now and list what you have eaten so far today. You’ll be thankful you did and will realize that losing weight has never been so easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment