Vicky's Varieties Store

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Busy Bee Today

Even though today was busy and I am tired as hell, I must say that today was another great day. Actually is was better than great and I am feeling pretty darn proud of myself, if I do say so!!

My Coconut Palm Sugar finally came today and that makes me very happy. Now I can drink my iced tea and not feel guilty about it. And like I’ve said before, it is better for you and does still lets me have my sweetened tea and still lose weight.

After exercising and tanning this morning (yes, I fake bake….deal with it) and the scale showing another weight loss, those 11 boards from yesterday, gave me another workout. I had the pleasure of sanding them and of course putting another coat of polyurethane on them again.

Next was a little time to check things on the net and grab some lunch. Then outside I headed to mow the grass. That only took three hours. Yep, got a huge yard here, so my a$$ was on a riding mower, but at least I mowed it…ha.

By then, my hubby came home from work and seeing as the weather here has finally decided to cooperate and be nice, we headed out for a walk. And what do I decide to do? JOG!! We did our usual 1 ¼ mile walk, with jogging for about  ½ mile of that. We’d walk a little, then jog a little. Had to walk at certain parts of the road, for no matter which way you go from my house, there is a hill and I am not ready to jog that yet…ha. The ½ mile of jogging may not seem like much to some, but for me it is HUGE!

Only complaint I got about jogging, is man does it hurt the “girls”, if you get my drift there….. haha. So, looks like the next trip to the store, I am buying a good supporter for them. I know I can jog and I am looking forward to doing it again.

I am determined to get over this hurtle and reach that 20 pound weight loss. I have been stuck for too long now between a 10 to 13 pound weight loss and it just is not cutting it. Besides, jogging actually felt really good while doing it. Granted, I am sure I will be very sore tomorrow, but hey that’s a day away yet and we shall see.

One last note, came up with a new recipe for tonight’s dinner and must say that even though it was a tad on the hot side for me, it wasn’t all that bad. Check it out under “My Kitchen”


These damn boards might get the best of me yet...ha


Today’s challenge….take your pick, the boards, the grass or the jog….I did them all and am feeling pretty proud of myself!! I sure did “make it count” today!!!

Till next time…..remember to eat healthy, get some exercise, and most of all, love yourself!!! Now go make it count!!




2 comments:

  1. You are seriously inspiring. I've been going through a pretty ugly funk lately, in which I have no motivation or energy to do anything. I barely manage to get the laundry and dishes washed. To see you getting all of these things done in one day makes me feel ashamed. I am going to fight this depression harder. Thank you for your inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kady, there is no reason for you to feel ashamed. Fighting depression is not an easy thing to do. I've been there before too. If you haven't already got someone there to support you, you need to find someone. I wish I could reach through the screen and give ya a big hug!! Keep your chin up and remember that I am here for ya. We will beat the battle of the bulge together!

    ReplyDelete