Vicky's Varieties Store

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Good Day

Well today was a wonderful day, other than my thighs are still hurting like hell from doing the Jillian Michaelsworkout yesterday!! The scale said I lost weight…woo-hoo!!! It’s about damn time there was another loss!  I got a lot of work done as well and found out through today’s challenge that even the simplest of things can make you work up a sweat and give you a boost in your confidence as well.

It amazes me the things that one can do when one has the right mind set while doing it. I know for me, I used to make every excuse as to why I could not do something. Let’s face it, I could always do anything that I wanted to (ok…well almost anything….ha), I just did not feel like it. Now, I am determined to prove to myself that I can do most of the things that I was always making those excuses for.

Deciding to make May the month “To Make It Count” has opened my eyes to the endless possibilities of ways that I can get in extra exercise on most days to help me lose weight. It has also made me stop making those excuses and just do things that I knew all along that I could.

I enjoy trying to think of something new everyday to do for the day’s challenge. If this damn rain would stop, I might actually be able to get outside and do more things as well. I haven’t been able to go for a walk in some time now and it’s starting to not only bother me, but not helping my weight loss either.

So yeah, today was a good day. Even dinner was good….made my homemade Sloppy Joe's (check out the recipe under My Kitchen). And actually got to eat dinner with both my husband and son for a change.

Ok…enough of me rambling on here....



yep....I did those







May have been only 11 boards, but they gave me a good workout

Movin those boards...all by myself!!
Today’s challenge….polyurethane boards and move them by myself ( I usually made excuses as to why I couldn’t move them myself….not today). And let me tell you, I worked up a good sweat!!!


Till next time…..remember to eat healthy, get some exercise, and most of all, love yourself!!! Now go make it count!!


No comments:

Post a Comment