Vicky's Varieties Store

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Finally A Walk


Starting out for our walk
                                                    
What a beautiful day it turned out to be for the first day of May. I  actually got to go for a walk this afternoon and I don’t think that the “cabin fever” will come to full surface now. Which is a relief cos I was not getting anywhere near excited only bummy with the crappy weather. So it is time to kick it into high gear and make the most out of May.


Me and Jem, the cat that should of been a dog
                                                    


I’ve decided that I’ve spent enough of this year already not staying on track completely with the whole weight loss. And have declared May to be the month of “making it count”. There will be no days to be lazy (except for Sunday’s which is just a walking day). I will exercise one way or another every day. No more of “I don’t feel like it”, “It won’t hurt if I miss one day”, or “I can eat that and be okay”. NO, NO, NO MORE OF THAT!!!





Just a little steep

Long a$$ hill













I mean come on who am I kidding but myself thinking that I can skip a day here and there (or more) and still lose weight. Dah, didn’t I already go over the fact that there is not a miracle pill out there to make all of this extra weight disappear? So how is taking a day or two off from getting the exercise that is needed helping me achieve my weight loss goal? It’s not and deep down I know that, which is probably why I usually end up feeling like sh!t when I do things like that.


Going down the other side

As you can see I had two followers today
I’m sure I am not alone in having days like that, but they do not do me or anyone else any good who is trying to lose weight. This is where I am so thankful for my hubby. He gives me that little push when I need it and just like today, all I had to do was ask if he’d go for a walk with me. Like that is really the first thing he
wants to do when he gets home from work, but he does it for me.

                                 
Willow (on my right) has never went with me before today
Heading back home















So yes, I am so glad that I finally got to get back out there and go for another walk. I never thought the day would come that I would hear myself saying “I actually like to walk”. Isn’t it funny how we change as we get older? But I really do enjoy going for that walk each night with my husband. It not only gives us some quality time together, but I get to do a form of exercising and have fun doing it. And never once think that I am only walking to help me lose weight.



Guess they needed a break

           
My hubby picked me flowers....so sweet






      







  









Till next time…..remember to eat healthy, get some exercise, and most of all, love yourself!!! Now go make it count!!




Hubby & I

No comments:

Post a Comment